Friday, June 20, 2008

Every Drop Counts

A few hours ago I was washing dishes, and was doing something I've done for as long as I can remember, even when I was a teen. I had taken two half bottles of dish detergent and combined them. Now, I'm no mathematical analyst, but common sense tells me that it saves me money. Call me frugal because I save mere change per bottle, but not cheap.

As, I stood there, washing away, I watched as the upside down bottle's contents drip into the other. And it is not the only thing I do that with; clothing detergent, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, I'm sure there's more, but nothing else comes to mind. I've been up and down over the years, and it's never mattered how well or poor I've done financially, I always do it.

It's become a habit that I don't even think about doing, I just do it. That's what budgeting and saving is about, forming good habits so they become second nature. Each and every cent you save stays in your pocket, until you spend it. Make each one count, because remember, $1,000,000,000 starts off at $.01.


Best savings...


No comments:

Custom Search