Saturday, July 19, 2008

Glorious Food?

We all know it's faster than cooking at home, but is it really worth it? I'd have to say no. And even though I'm a thin woman, I still feel guilty after consuming fast food. Why? Simple, all the meat tends to be 'mystery meat', and I've shelled out my cash when I have food already paid for at home.

But, when I do go, I usually say, split a large fry between the kids and I. Get a $1 chicken sandwich for myself, then give them half a $1 cheese burger, and maybe some nuggets too. Sounds like a lot, but I lean toward the dollar menu, and individual kids' meals don't fill them up, and actually cost more. --If I were to get those, they'd cry, "Mom, I'm hungry !", an hour later.

Besides, that means two less toys I have to trip over in the middle of the night on my way to the bathroom. But I do have to say, I only go in this direction at most, 4x's a month. When, a few years ago, we used to get fast food about 3x's per week on average. It might cause some pouting, but they have to settle for McMommy's for the most part. And they're actually learning that no means no. Yeah, it's easier to give in, but if I always gave in, or did it a lot, then we'd loose out on more important things, and I think they wouldn't respect me as much if I were a push over.

And I tend to cook healthier meals, and know exactly what's in them.



Best Savings...

No comments:

Custom Search